Terms and Conditions
1. This contract reflects the verbal agreement. It shall include
any terms agreed prior to its issue. It shall be deemed un-
accepted unless the booking form and retainer reservation fee
is received by Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke within 7
working days of the issuing date. No alterations may be made
to this contract by client / contracted artiste’s / crisis cover
entertainers without prior approval consent from Mindy’s
Roadshow Disco & Karaoke . Please Note: by completing and
sending our booking form, you agree that you are making a
confirmed booking and entering into a contract which carries
your acceptance, in full, of the booking terms.
2. Reservation fee: you agree to our reservation fee which is
payable in advance to secure entertainment. The reservation
fee is deducted from the price quoted.
1. Overtime Charge: Any extension to the agreed timescale will
be charged in addition to the booking fee per hour (or part
hour), thereafter, which shall be payable in advance before
commencement of extended entertainment.
3. The Client shall have the right to cancel the booking by serving
upon Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke not less than 28 clear
days notice in writing. In the event of the client wishing to
cancel this contract agreement for any reason other than Act
of God or National Disaster, any advance reservation payment
will be forfeited.
1. A cancellation fee of not less than 50% of the agreed fee will
be due if the cancellation is within fourteen days of the
2. A cancellation fee of not less than 75% of the agreed fee will
be due if the cancellation is within seven days of the
3. The whole of the agreed fee will be due if cancellation is within
48 hours of the performance.
4. In the unlikely event that Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke
is unable to attend personally due to accident or sudden
illness, Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke shall endeavour to
provide a suitable substitute offering a similar service at no
additional charge to the client. This does not apply in
circumstances detailed below.
1. Force Majeure - Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke will not be
liable for failing to attend a booking, where the reason for non-
attendance or late arrival is caused by adverse weather
conditions (including Snow & Flooding), road closure, road
traffic accident, vehicle breakdown, fuel shortages, acts of
terrorism, industrial action, or other unavoidable
circumstances deemed beyond our control.
5. In the event of contracted artiste’s wishing to cancel the
contract, the artiste will indemnify Mindy’s Roadshow Disco &
Karaoke against the cost of loss and or damage in full, unless
due to accident or sudden illness. In this event, a medical
certificate signed by a medical practitioner must be supplied to
the client and Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke within ten
1. Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke will not be liable for non-
fulfilment of contract by contracted artistes. In the event of
the client seeking compensation, Mindy’s Roadshow Disco &
Karaoke will not be liable under any such claim and the
contracted artiste will only be liable up to and not exceeding
the contracted amount.
6. The client will appreciate that suitable time for venue access,
safe installation and dismantling and safe removal of
equipment from venue is required in addition to performance
time. Therefore, the client and venue will allow suitable time
for the installation and dismantling and removal of disco
equipment (up to 90 minutes each side of the booking times).
Where appropriate, the client will also inform the venue, in
advance, of artiste(s) requirements. Please note: Mindy’s
Roadshow Disco & Karaoke shall not be liable for any
additional charges levied to the client by the venue in relation
to equipment assembly / removal timescales.
7. Performance time and ‘over time’ is restricted to a maximum
of eight hours in a 24 hour period. Unless already agreed at the
time of booking, the client agrees to make provision for
suitable overnight accommodation to the satisfaction of the
performer if time is exceeded.
8. The client will ensure that safe and adequate power is
available for artiste’s performance.
1. The client will inform Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke prior
to performance date confirmation of venue sound limiter
installation. Please note: Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke
reserves the right to decline entertainment at venues with
sound limiter installed.
2. The client agrees to arrange suitable changing facilities for
artiste’s as required.
9. The artiste agrees to contact the client when specified by
Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke .
1. The client ensures that they have verified venue power
sources are electrically safe and conform to the HSE EAW Act
1989, and amendments thereafter. Copies of venue Electrical
Installation Safety Certificate (Periodic Inspection Report to
NIC EIC standards) must be made available upon request by
the venue under LAW.
2. The artiste agrees to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance
and certifications as required by the venue.
Artistes Note: Failure to provide appropriate documentation as
mentioned above may result in legal action by Mindy’s
Roadshow Disco & Karaoke for non-performance due to the
artiste not submitting correct documentation.
10. The client agrees that any re-engagement of contracted
artiste(s) must be transacted through Mindy’s Roadshow Disco
& Karaoke .
1. Any enquiry to the artiste(s) in respect of any engagement by
guests, customers and or staff must be transacted through
Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke .
2. Contracted artiste(s) agree not to supply, show or exchange
own personal business card or personal telephone number or
personal business service literature before, during or after
11. The contracted artiste(s) is responsible for any taxes due
arising from performance and will indemnify Mindy’s Roadshow
Disco & Karaoke from such taxes should a claim arise.
12. The artiste(s) and their assistant(s) will respond to the client’s
reasonable request(s) and conduct themselves in a
professional manner throughout attendance at the venue.
1. The artiste(s) will respond to the venue management’s
reasonable requests as to volume, sitting of equipment and or
any other reasonable request(s).
2. The artiste(s) shall be in no way liable for breech of byelaws or
conditions under which the venue is leased, hired or entrusted
to the venue management.
3. The client will notify Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke of that
all appropriate licences as required by law are in force at the
time of performance(s).
13. The client agrees to provide adequate supervision of guests
and will ensure that venue management adequately
supervises customers and or staff on site premises. Please
note: Where the function may include guests under the age of
16 years, the client (or parent) is responsible for the behaviour
and safety of any minors attending the venue. The client will
provide and maintain adequate adult supervision at all times.
Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke will not be liable for the
supervision of minors.
14. Unwarranted Abuse or threatening behaviour from client’s
guests or venue management or venue staff will not be
tolerated and will result in the performance being terminated
with no loss to the artist(s) or Mindy’s Roadshow Disco &
1. The client agrees that compensation for any loss of or damage
to performing artiste(s) equipment, vehicle(s) and/or
personal belongings caused by client’s guests, venue
customers and or venue staff may be sought including any
15. The client agrees that the confirmed entertainment start and
finish times as specified in the contract are accurate and
correct. Any extension beyond the confirmed finish time is at
the discretion of Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke and the
management of the venue. See 2.1 for ‘Overtime Charge’.
16. Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke will accept music lists and
requests in advance of functions and will endeavour to play a
reasonable number of the clients’ chosen requests, provided
such requests are submitted in writing before the event. The
client also agrees that Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke
cannot guarantee the inclusion of any difficult to source,
obsolete or deleted titles either requested at the event or
17. Where the client requests that Mindy’s Roadshow Disco &
Karaoke set up DJ equipment at an earlier time prior to the
actual start of the function, the client acknowledges that a
tiered charge may be made for this additional service, and that
this service will be subject to availability. In addition to any
previously agreed charges, if Mindy’s Roadshow Disco &
Karaoke should arrive at the clients venue at any earlier, pre-
arranged time, and are unable to access the venue to set up
the equipment or are prevented from doing so by the venue
management, then the client shall be charged standing time at
the hourly rate discretion of Mindy’s Roadshow Disco &
Karaoke which must be settled in full before commencement
of main entertainment.
1. Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke will not be liable for any
refund, in part or whole, where ‘we’ are late accessing the
venue and setting up purely because of earlier events over-
running, or where ‘we’ are prevented from accessing, setting
up or providing our professional services by the venue
management. Neither will Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke
be obligated to provide an extension to the agreed timescale
on a pro-rata basis in these circumstances.
2. Where the venue does not have its own parking facilities,
Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke reserves the right to pass
on any additional parking fees for refund by the client. Please
note: that in accordance with Health and Safety laws, Mindy’s
Roadshow Disco & Karaoke will refuse to work at venues
where illegal or hazardous parking is required in order to
unload vehicle. This also applies to general health and safety
concerns within the venue such as navigating cluttered or unlit
stairways and exits.
18. Where Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke is engaged to work
alongside a band (or other entertainer), it is the client’s
responsibility to ensure that adequate space exists within the
venue for both entertainers to set up their equipment and that
separate power outlets exist. See 8
19. Where the event is being held in a marquee, the client will
ensure that the work area is dry and that a minimum of 2x 13A
power sockets are located within 15 metres of this area.
Please note: Bad Weather or impending bad weather on the
day will not allow Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke or
contracted artiste(s) to commence entertainment out-doors
under any circumstances. Mindy’s Roadshow Disco & Karaoke
accepts no responsibility for damage to electrical equipment if
caused as a result of working in inappropriate weather
20. (u) In signing the contract, I agree that I have read the Terms
and Conditions of hire and acknowledge booking details
contained herein are correct.
21. (v) E. & O.E